Dementia describes a collection of symptoms that are caused by disorders affecting the brain. It can be very distressing not only for the person suffering from it, but also for their family and friends who witness the effects of the disease on their loved one.
Dementia affects memory, thinking, behaviour, emotions, perceptions and physical functioning of the ability to perform everyday tasks.
People living with dementia have unique and specific needs and their care and support services need to be individually tailored. No two clients with dementia are the same; dementia affects all clients differently and everyone's experience with the condition is unique.
Good Partners Homecare & Nursing specialises in providing a range of support services to people with dementia to allow them to remain living in the comfort and familiarity of their own home for as long as they choose to do so.
Our Dementia Specialist Services:
• Our care staff is highly trained in Dementia care and undertake mandatory refresher training each year, so they are always up to date with the latest dementia care practices.
• Care Supervisors monitor each care package and communicate regularly with the family so the package can be amended if care requirements change.
• Care staff has special training techniques to encourage clients who are resistant to care to feel more comfortable and accepting. We provide dignified, person centred care, promoting independence.
All our team are trained in understanding dementia and the issues surrounding support and care for clients with this condition.
We can provide assistance and support with:
• Communication strategies
• Behavioural Management
• Medication management
• Personal Care andNutrition
• Providing you with a much needed break from your own caring role
We will work with you and your family to assess the person living with dementia and develop an individualised plan of care that meets all their needs as well as those of the family.
Call us on 0800 26 23 01 to find out how we can help you and your loved one living with dementia.